Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a Month It Has Been

The last month has been crazy. It all started on 10/21 with my trip to the ER for back pain and nausea. Turns out I have a kidney stone. No fun.

Then it was my boyfriend's turn. He was having chest and back pain. Turns out he had a pulmonary embolism. Serious no fun. He was hospitalized for a couple of days and is now at home getting better slowly.

Finally, my mom and I were getting into a parked cab. I opened the door for her and went around to get in on the other side. I got in quicker than she did and when I shut my door the cab driver thought we were both in the cab and started to drive off. My poor mom was only half way in and she tumbled out. Luckily, the driver was going slowly and my mom started screaming so he stopped quickly. Mom just recently got her hip replaced and we were afraid she might have dislocated it. Hence another trip to the ER was required.

Hopefully, the next month will be better than this one. I also have to give a big shout out to all the ER staff, especially the ones who work the night shift. Thank you for all you do!

Now don't despair. Life hasn't been all gloomy. There have been some bright spots. I'll post about those next week.

Cheers,

--B

No comments: