Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today's Thrift purchases.







So I really shouldn't be spending money since we are going to Denver for Cuzin Bob's wedding but I couldn't help myself. I saw this way cute camera on Saturday and it was stuck in my head for the rest of the weekend. All I could think about was when could I get back to The Other Shop at 327 Divisadero Street to buy this camera. I did not even know if it worked or what it's name was so I couldn't check on ebay. Of course, now that I have it and can check ebay there are tons of vintage camera's for way cheaper. But I could not resist especially when the Kodak Starflex Camera came with flash and 4 usable bulbs and a cute case. I really hope it works.

I went on line and I found the manual for my new camera and my grandfather's Kodak Junior Brownie camera. Hopefully, that one works as well. I am so excited I am dying to take a photo but for now I will have to wait and just use my super slow Powershot A300. Wait, I am sure the Starflex will be just as slow but so much cooler looking.

I also found a place that makes and sells 127 film at $6.99 a roll. It is a Canadian company, of course, because those Canadians are so cool and hip. I also found out that for $399.00 you can get a retro digital camera called a Rolleiflex which is just so cool looking. I would love one of these except it is only 5.0 megapixels and that's the same as my current camera.

No comments: