Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reading for 2011

I didn't think I would get that much reading done but I did have spring break and summer so I should be able to power through some books.

I've read so far:
1. Real World by Natsuo Kirino
2. Between Friends by Debbie Macomber a real tear jerker.
3. Little Altar's everywhere by Rebecca Wells - nice Southern book

then I went to a book sale and got
4. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
5. Star Struck by Pamela Anderson
6. The Butt by Will Self - it a book about quitting smoking and I just noticed the authors name. I am not really sure about this one.
7. Dry (a memoir) by Augusten Burroughs
8. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (I thought I would re-read this because I had to power through this for school so maybe I'll get something out of it this time. But I just read the back and think not.)
9. Uncle Tom's Cabin By Harriet Beecher Stowe (I've always wanted to read this so I am kind of dying for school to be over to sink into this.)
10. Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George (this is really thick so I have no idea how I will finish it but I love historical novels so who knows.)
I got all these for $7!

I also went to a book signing, my first, to see Sarah Vowell. I bought one of her book that I think I will truly enjoy
11. Take the Cannoli (she was so fun to see and I just love her voice.)
12. Let's Kill Uncle By Rohan O'Grady

No comments: