Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day #13: Marie Antoinette and In Bruges

Today, I hooked up with my friend H and her girls N & F. We stopped by Golden Gate Park and then over to Clement Street for lunch. We finally got around to the Legion of Honor, where we met Ms Olive, and saw the marie Antoinette exhibit. The line was crazy and the show was a little disappointing since it was mainly furniture and cheap replicas of her necklaces. The interesting part of the exhibit is learning about her hideaway palace at Versailles and it's surroundings. She had her own carousel, theater, and English and Chinese gardens.

After the museum, we headed to the movies at the Kabuki which I am planning to boycott. You have to pay for assigned seating and then the movie is wrecked because people can't find the seat they forgot they picked. We, San Franciscans, are not use to such rigidity and can not be forced to conform. Tbone met up with us and we ended up having a good time.

If you haven't guessed by know we saw Colin Farrell's movie, In Bruges. Only Chisco had been there. He is a major world traveler. Right now he's visiting from Leon, Mexico. We'll be there in May for his wedding!

-- B

At the end of the evening I couldn't make up my mind whether to eat or go home. Luckily, I choose to go home becuase I should rest my liver tomorrow is a BIG day!

No comments: