Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Kick Off of 40-4-40!

The forty days have started and I for one am very excited. Why? Well -- A) I get free drinks, thanks to Chica Cherry. Yes, I know it's her birthday celebration but I'm a poor college student. B) I get to hang out with all her cool friends and mine plus Dug the Slug. C) We end up meeting great new people. So I thought I would recap Mardi Gras at the Elite since Chica Cherry (CC) is busy with her fun activity for Day Three.

CC was forty minutes late for her own event and on the actual kick off of the event...Well, that is a latina for you (or maybe she was trying to be fashionably late). Luckily, I was able to run into Grenadine, our adopted sister (aka the Gringa) on Fillmore street. We headed over to the Elite Cafe, where I got a recap of Grenadine's busy and fun-filled life. On a sad note, the Cafe was not serving Hurricanes so I settled for an Elite-a-Rita and Gren had a Sazerac.

Finally, CC showed up with the Slug, N, and R. We moved over to the tables and proceded to have a good old time. Gren came up with her own 40-4-40 goal and G stopped by too. CC was being very generous and she treated everyone at our table for a drink if they could prove they voted that day as it was also Super Tuesday! Mrs. Dewson, the hat lady, came in to show her support for Obama. I think it was great that CC wanted to get her friends out there to ROCK the Vote!

-- A

No comments: